7 Trick or Treat Safety Tips
Tonight is the night!
Get the kids dressed up and get ready to gather up some candy.
But before you go out into the spooky night, here are some trick or treat safety tips to keep in mind.
1. Stay well lit. Have your child carry glow sticks in their bucket, on their arms, or apply reflective tape to their costumes. You’ll want to make sure they are seen by drivers on the road. As a parent/guardian, make sure to bring a flashlight to light the way to the various houses.
2. Plan a route in advance. This is important so that you do not get any cranky ghosts on your hands. You can avoid overly long routes by planning before you leave. Stick to paths you and your child are familiar.
3. Make sure costume are short in length. You’ll want to make sure the costume isn’t too long and drags on the ground since that can be dangerous. Remember your child will be walking at night so make sure the costume is an appropriate length to avoid tripping.
4 Avoid Masks. Make sure that you avoid costumes with masks because they can make it difficult for your child to breathe or see. You can use non-toxic makeup or face paint to complete the costume.
5. Wear comfy shoes. This goes both for trick-or-treaters and the chaperones. Make sure you wear well-fitting, comfortable shoes, that everyone can walk in. And double knot those shoelaces to avoid tripping.
6. Bring a wagon/stroller. If you have little ones, you’re going to thank us for this tip. Those little legs are going to get tired and it’s great to be able to wheel them around the last few houses. And it’s a great place to store extra candy, water, blankets, and anything else you may need.
7. Check the candy stash. At the end of the night, make sure to sort through your child’s candy and throw away anything that is not in the original wrapper or looks as though it has been opened before.
The most important tip is to have fun! This ghostly night only comes around once a year and is such a joy for all involved. So carve those last few pumpkins, fill those candy bowls, and get ready for a scary good time.
A Lucid Audio, we care about your safety. That’s why we created the HearBand Sport with LED Safety Lights and Reflector. So you can Hear and Be Seen.