New year, new start!
It’s a new year and it’s time to make your resolution list. But are you tired of writing “workout more” and other typical resolutions? Are you the type of person that makes resolutions and never follows through? We gathered some of the easiest and different New Year’s resolutions to try in 2018.
- Floss Daily
- Stop Juicing Your Fruits and Vegetables
- Go to Bed 15 Minutes Earlier
- Have a Conversation with Someone You Normally Every Month
- Stop Procrastinating
- Trust Your Instincts
- Forgive Someone
- Learn One New Thing
- Get to Know Your Neighbors
- Volunteer More Often
These ten things are simple resolutions that can change your year. If you strive to complete a few each month you can follow through on resolutions. Comment and let us know some of your favorite resolutions to make.
As we head into a new year, we take a look at the things to come.
Here are eight things to look forward to in the year 2018!
- A Royal Wedding – Prince Harry and American born Megan Markle will marry in May. Prince Harry is the fifth heir to the throne.
- The Winter Olympics – hosted in South Korea the games will be held the first two weeks of February.
- Regular People Going to the Moon – a Silicon Valley startup is planning on landing a craft on the moon filled with normal, non-astronauts.
- Midterm Elections – will be the most talked about events of the year.
- A Time Capsule Opening – located in Amarillo, Texas that commemorates that discovery of Helium.
- Historical Anniversaries – like the 100th anniversary of the end of World War II and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act.
- Binge Worthy TV – get ready for more “Black Mirror” and the return of “Westworld.” And don’t forget about reboots like “Dynasty” all airing in 2018.
- Scalp Cooling for Chemotherapy Patients – a medical breakthrough that is a cooling cap that can be worn during and after chemotherapy treatments and may reduce the likelihood of hair loss.
Need a movie to watch with your family this year?
We gathered up the top Christmas movies to watch this holiday season. Whether you are with your parents, grandparents, kids, or friends. Watching a Christmas movie brings the holidays home. So grab the popcorn, hot chocolate, and blankets…
- Home Alone
- A Christmas Story
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Love Actually
- Miracle on 34th Street
- Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Polar Express
- The Holiday
Do you have a favorite holiday memory?
Some of our Lucid Audio employees shared their favorite holiday memories.
“Seeing my child open presents on Christmas morning when she was two years old. Her face, priceless.”
“Getting to eat together as a family. It’s the one time a year we all get together and eat a fabulous meal.”
“Making homemade wrapping paper with my mom. She took white paper and had me walk all over it with my hands and feet covered in paint.”
“The year every single child in my family got a Furbie. My grandparents were so confused and not happy with the sounds that Christmas.”
“The tattered box of vintage Christmas decor really throws me back to decorating the tree with my mom every year.”
“I think my favorite memories are always putting on a brand new pair of PJs at the end of the day and chilling with the family with a good film on!”
“Go drive around neighborhoods so my children can see the different light displays. Some houses really go all out. And then we go to the local coffee shop and get hot chocolate and talk about our favorites.”
From all of us at Lucid Audio, we wish you a very happy holiday!
Need some winter activities for the whole family?
School is ending, the holidays are here, and it’s time to find something the whole family can enjoy. So we gathered up some great winter activities for the whole family. Check them out!
- Build a Snowman
- Have a Snowball Fight
- Bake Cookies and Share them with Friends & Family
- Go Ice Skating
- Complete a Jig Saw Puzzle
- Mail a Handwritten Card to Old Friends
- Decorate a Gingerbread House
- Drive Through a Neighborhood and Admire the Holiday Lights
- Build a Snow Fort
- Make Paper Snowflake Cut-Outs and Decorate Your Home
From all of us at Lucid Audio, we wish you a happy holiday season! Remember you can still use code: SANTACASH to receive $25 when you purchase $100!
It’s Holiday Gift Guide Time!
The weather is getting cooler and it’s officially time for the holidays. We’ve gathered some Lucid Audio products that are a great fit for anyone on your holiday list this year.
The perfect gift for family members who love to watch tv, movies, and sports. The Lucid Audio TV Streamer Kit feeds audio directly to the HearBand at any volume level without disturbing others. What makes this different and better than other TV amplifiers is that you can customize your television volume to your taste AND hear outside sounds, so you don’t miss holiday carolers and the reindeers on the rooftop. Now everyone will enjoy a peaceful holiday season.
Give the gift of light and safety to your favorite dog walkers, runners, and cyclists. With the HearBand Sport LED, the flashing LED lights to keep you visible in the neighborhood or on the road. Plus, with the Bluetooth you can make calls, listen to music, and amplify the outside sound up to 9X. Now Rudolph won’t be the only one with red light brightening up the night sky!
Our most advanced hearing protection is a fantastic gift for precious infants and toddlers. Designed to develop with your child, HearMuffs come with a patented GrowBand that ensures a perfect fit from infant to 4 years old. Our HearMuffs Sounds protect your child’s hearing from harmful noises, allows you to communicate with the touch of a button, and plays four soothing sounds. The ultimate holiday gift for young children and new parents. HearMuffs muffle the noise and protect young ears for the newest Joys in your world.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Lucid Audio!
Shop all of these products and more on our website. Don’t forget to use code: SANTACASH and receive $25 in Santa Cash when you purchase $100 or more.
5 New Songs to add to your Yoga playlist!
We’re always adding new songs to relax us and push us through our yoga practice.
So we decided to share them with you! Go ahead and add these to your yoga playlist.
- Precious Human Life – One Village Music Project
- Time Is Dancing – Ben Howard
- Alexi Murdoch – Something Beautiful
- Otis Redding – That’s How Strong My Love Is
- Wade Morrisette -Mahadeva Shambo
Have some favorite tunes that are on your current playlist? We’d love to hear about what you listen to! Add your favorite yoga music to our comments section so we can add them to our playlist!
It’s that time of year again.
The time when everyone is looking for the best Black Friday deals.We gathered some tips on how to get the most out of all the Black Friday deals out there.
1. Look for Early Bird Shopping Discounts – many stores offer early bird discounts if you shop early. Some stores are even open on Thanksgiving and offering discounts before the big day.
2. Research before Black Friday – this is an important one, sometimes it may seem like a great deal on a product but turns out it’s just a bad product. Make sure you’re getting quality no matter how cheap they may be.
3. Look at Ads and Apps – your Thanksgiving day paper will be STUFFED with ads. Take a minute to look through them and see if there is anything that catches your eye. They aren’t lying when they say “there’s an app for that.” Head to the app store and check out some apps that are designed to help you find the best Black Friday deals.
4. Compare Prices – make sure you compare the different “options” a product has. Sometimes there are great deals because the product is missing certain upgrades, that you then have to pay for. Also, make sure you take into consideration that some stores will give store gift cards or other incentives on products. So compare what each store is offering based on each product.
5. Follow Retailers/Brands on Social Media – this is a great all around tip as well. Retailers and Brands will sometimes offer limited discounts to their followers. This is ramped up during the holidays. So you won’t want to miss out.
Want a hint of a deal? Lucid Audio is offering $25 SANTA CASH when you spend $100 or more. Look out for the code and save big!
Ever wonder the best way to show gratitude?
Did someone help you in the past and you want to thank them? Or do you just want to thank a stranger, a neighbor, a friend? We gathered the top 8 ways to show gratitude to someone in your life.
1. Pay for the person behind you in line at the coffee shop. This is a great way to put a smile on someone’s face early in the morning.
2. Hold a door open for someone or open a door for someone. This is such a small gesture that can immediately put a smile on someone’s face. The act of taking a few extra minutes to do something shows you really care.
3. Donate clothing you haven’t worn in 6 months or more to someone in need. This can mean donating to a shelter or even just giving your clothing to someone in need on the streets. Great to do with coats that haven’t been worn for a while especially with the weather getting cooler.
4. Call an old friend just to talk. The greatest things we have in life are our relationships with others. So call an old friend and see how they are, catch up, and enjoy their conversation.
5. Smile when you pass someone on the street, in the office, or at the grocery store. The impact of a smile is unmeasurable. Smile more.
6. Send a postcard to someone you love. Sending “snail mail” is something not many people do anymore. And it’s a great surprise to whoever you send it to.
7. Mow your neighbor’s lawn, rake their leaves, shovel their snow, etc. This act is one that really shows your neighbor how much you care.
8. Give a larger tip than usual. Next time you are at a restaurant for lunch or dinner, leave a larger tip than you would usually. Or purchase the dinner of service members around you to show your appreciation.
All of these acts are small and do not take much time yet have a great impact on others around you. And others seeing you show gratitude will eventually make them as well. Showing gratitude spreads, it is contagious. So get out there and show others gratitude.
At Lucid Audio, we love showing gratitude to our service members and veterans. If you are a service member or veterans please use code THANKYOU for 25% off your next purchase.
Now more than ever, we should express gratitude and perform random acts of kindness for all the people in our lives.