Five Best Workouts for Pregnancy
Just because you’re expecting a little one doesn’t mean you have to stop working out.
We’ve gathered the best workouts for pregnancy to keep you moving.
Worried about the potential risks of working out while pregnant? As long as you get the go-ahead from your practitioner to work out you can to enjoy the majority of fitness activities. Just don’t go learn to water ski.
1. Running – Experienced runners can keep on their track. Just make sure to keep to level terrain, or a treadmill/elliptical. Also, make sure to not overdo it.
2. Brisk Walking – Not big on running? Brisk walking is a great alternative and you can do it up until your due date. Again, just make sure to keep to level terrain.
3. Indoor Cycling – These classes are all the rage – so go ahead and join in! Whether in a gym or a structured class it’s a great way to relieve pressure on your joints while working out. If you go to a class, make sure to let your instructor know you are expecting.
4. Yoga – What better way to keep flexibility and relax! Yoga incorporates all these and more into a great workout. So learn some new breathing techniques and focus to prep you for delivery.
5. Swimming – Is a great exercise that also has low impact and can reduce ankle swelling.
Always listen to your body when working out and pick an exercise that you actually enjoy doing. If things get a little boring, try to switch it up. And make sure to take days off to rest.
Remember to check with your healthcare provider before starting or continuing exercise in pregnancy.
Lucid Audio is full of mom and dads just like you, that’s why we create products geared to keeping your family safe. Our latest technology, HearMuffs, make sure your little one’s ears are protected no matter the environment. Learn more on our website.